You are not alone.

Free, confidential help is available to you.

Please seek help even if you aren’t sure you were assaulted or were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. There are options for getting the support you need.

PLEASE READ: This information is specific to reporting laws in Nebraska, and resources outlined on this site are more specifically in Douglas and Sarpy Counties. If you are not accessing care in Douglas or Sarpy County, you can still receive a medical exam for sexual assault and should contact an advocacy organization in your state/county. Follow these links for a list of Nebraska programs and Iowa programs.

What is Anonymous Reporting?

In Nebraska, you can receive medical care and have evidence collected without reporting a sexual assault to law enforcement.

You can anonymously:

  • Receive free support from a confidential advocate who can explain your options and direct you to resources.
  • Have DNA and other evidence collected in case you would like to report to law enforcement later.
  • Receive testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI), access emergency contraception and have injuries evaluated and treated.

NOTE: There are limitations on who can report anonymously. Learn more about anonymous reporting or contact a confidential advocate to discuss your reporting options.

Need Help Now?

Go to the nearest emergency room and request a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) nurse or in Douglas County—call the Women's Center for Advancement (WCA) 24-hour crisis line at 402-345-7273 or in Sarpy County—Heartland Family Service (HFS) 24-hour crisis line at (800) 523-3666.