Where Can You Seek Help

An asterisk (*) denotes that services are available in Spanish.

young woman embracing senior woman, both happy together, isolated on white

Local Advocacy*

Student/Campus Advocacy


National Advocacy*

Military Advocacy

Statewide Programs

Local Advocacy

Advocates can provide victims with information, emotional support and referrals to other resources. They can walk you through the various systems you may encounter, including the criminal justice system, legal system, medical system, child protection and safety system, and health and human services. Anyone can access the confidential advocacy programs below for free.


Women's Center for Advancement (WCA)
3801 Harney Street
Omaha, NE 68131
24/7 Hotline: 402-345-7273
Email  Website


Heartland Family Services (HFS)
302 American Parkway
Papillion, NE 68046
24/7 Hotline: 800-523-3666

Student/Campus Advocacy

These local universities provide confidential advocacy services to their students. Contact a campus advocate to discuss your reporting options and learn about resources.

University of Nebraska Omaha Victim/Survivor Advocates
Phone: 402-554-2248

Metropolitan Community College
Victim/Survivor Advocates
Phone: 531-MCC-2223

Creighton University's Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center
Phone: 402-280-3794
Email Confidentially  Website

Nebraska Wesleyan (in partnership with WCA)
Call or Text 24-Hour Crisis Hotline:
Email  |  Website

College of Saint Mary (in partnership with WCA)
24/7 Hotline Phone or Text: 402-345-7273

Students at all other local colleges and universities should contact a local advocacy program for confidential support. If you want to report your assault to your college or university, contact your institution’s Title IX coordinator or Title IX office.

National Advocacy

There are also national organizations anyone can reach out to for confidential help, especially if you want to chat online with a confidential advocate.

RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)

  • Call the 24/7 National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-4673 to speak with an advocate at a local sexual violence service agency
  • Chat with an advocate online

LoveIsRespect.org (for teens and young adults)


All of the medical centers listed below can provide you with the care and treatment you may require after an assault. A Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) at the hospital will offer you a sexual assault forensic exam for DNA evidence collection as well as sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention, HIV prevention, emergency contraception and injury evaluation and treatment.


CHI Health Emergency Department
(CUMC – Bergan Mercy)
7500 Mercy Road
Omaha, NE 68124
Phone: 402-398-6161

CHI Health Emergency Department
(University Campus)
2412 Cuming Street
Omaha, NE 68131
Phone: 402-499-4590

CHI Health Emergency Department
6901 N 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68122
Phone: 402-572-2121

CHI Health Emergency Department
16901 Lakeside Hills Court
Omaha, NE 68130
Phone: 402-717-8111

Methodist Hospital
8303 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Phone: 402-354-4424

Methodist Women's Hospital
707 N. 190th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68022
Phone: 402-815-4424

Nebraska Medicine
4350 Dewey Avenue
Omaha, NE 68105
Phone: 402-559-6637


CHI Health Emergency Department
11111 S 84th Street
Papillion, NE 68046
Phone: 402-559-3000

Military Advocacy

Military programs have their own process for anonymous reporting called restricted reporting. They also have a process for full reporting called unrestricted reporting. To learn more or engage in either of these reporting options, contact a confidential military advocate.

Offutt AFB Sexual Assult Prevention and Response Program

  • 24/7 Hotline: 402-232-9999
  • Department of Defense Safe Helpline 24/7: 877-995-5247

Not in Douglas or Sarpy County?

Resources and services are available for you.

What's Next?

There are follow-up services and additional medical care options available to you.